Skip to main content

DINGHY GALORE


1, 2, 3 .... DINGHY

4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel
white archival matte, glass + 8" petite gold leaf frame
SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR
Since I am on the topic of the Ocean, decided to create this petite pastel. The scene I captured is from my recent trip to the Town of Avalon at Catalina Island in search of wildflowers. The tiny beach has a few docks with dinghies tightly roped and crammed together.

If you remember - and do hope someone is out there is reading this, with many thanks - it rained nearly the whole time I was there. There were such wonderful clouds between the rain drops, yet overcast the majority of the time. And it was very overcast at this point, so I attempted to brighten the painting with splashes of bold color.

One good thing about a dinghy - there's no need to dog paddle!



Comments

  1. What a fun piece. There's something about all those splashes of color that make you what to paint them. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...so hard to imagine this is a petite piece...i bet it looks marvelous in person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful piece, colours, composition, subject, all superb. Love to see it HUGE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a dynamic piece! Love all of the colors and angles of the boats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Kelley, Julie + Sharon!
    Funny, I did create a similar larger painting about 8 years ago, after visiting Catalina on my first trip. Tirage Gallery sold it. Then I returned to Catalina a couple of weeks ago and struck by the scene after walking down a pier - so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Gwen. I have my fingers crossed (and voted) for you - good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER PASTEL CLASSES!

PINK FIELDS 12" x 9" pastel on canvas panel PRIVATE COLLECTOR I'm teaching "Introduction to Pastels" once again  at UCSD Extension this summer and will be covering  a whole array of techniques from washes, to layering  and strokes and in various genres. "PINK FIELDS" was  the demo piece in illustrating washes on textured panels  in an impressionistic style.  So if you want to learn more on this medium, as well  as have a barrel of fun, please click here to read more  and sign up.

Approaching Workshop at New Mexico Art League

Workshop!    Quickly approaching is my 4-days workshop on Painting the Light of New Mexico at the New Mexico Art League in Albuquerque. Will be working on sunny days with white clouds to rain clouds and sunsets. Will definitely be fun! For more information please click here. Evening + Red Glow 2 - soft pastel

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!