5.15.2010

DINGHY GALORE


1, 2, 3 .... DINGHY

4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel
white archival matte, glass + 8" petite gold leaf frame
SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR
Since I am on the topic of the Ocean, decided to create this petite pastel. The scene I captured is from my recent trip to the Town of Avalon at Catalina Island in search of wildflowers. The tiny beach has a few docks with dinghies tightly roped and crammed together.

If you remember - and do hope someone is out there is reading this, with many thanks - it rained nearly the whole time I was there. There were such wonderful clouds between the rain drops, yet overcast the majority of the time. And it was very overcast at this point, so I attempted to brighten the painting with splashes of bold color.

One good thing about a dinghy - there's no need to dog paddle!