5.02.2010

IT IS AN ISLAND


PEEK OF THE OCEAN
4 1/2" x 4 1/2"- pastel, white archival matte + 8" square, gold leaf scrolled frame
SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR
While staying at Catalina, I spent the entire second day hiking, painting and a whole lot of photoshooting because of the rain. And the view was mesmerizing!

The Conservancy's nursery technicians gave me a ride to Middle Ranch Road, centrally located within the Island. Senior technician, Peter Dixon suggested a route to follow to view the wild flowers. He also commented by following Eagle Nest Road to the peak, I could view the Ocean.

It was really amusing, for several hours passed while I dragged my equipment, stopped to paint or shoot before I arrived to this location and by then had forgotten I was on an Island! As I was searching for wildflower patches, I turned and stopped in my tracks. What a sight! And this is the petite pastel that I created of the scene.