5.29.2010

A SUBDUED MORNING


A SUNRISE

4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel
8" square archival white matte, glass + gold leaf frame

It's a holiday weekend and so many are out having a party, yet I had to shuffle off to work. I really didn't mind. I walked to today's job, which was over a three-mile jaunt. Once setting out, I get very absorbed into my thoughts and then the time flies. Actually this is when I get my most creative thoughts for have nothing else to distract me - except for the cars whizzing bye!

But my mood gets very somber, for I concentrate so intensely. Very similar to this pictured petite pastel. Sunrises are unlike sunsets for the colors are more subdued with the highlights at the top of the clouds. With a love for color, it takes quite a bit of patience to execute one.

And when I returned home, my husband had grilled pork ribs ready to eat!