Skip to main content

A SUBDUED MORNING


A SUNRISE

4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel
8" square archival white matte, glass + gold leaf frame

It's a holiday weekend and so many are out having a party, yet I had to shuffle off to work. I really didn't mind. I walked to today's job, which was over a three-mile jaunt. Once setting out, I get very absorbed into my thoughts and then the time flies. Actually this is when I get my most creative thoughts for have nothing else to distract me - except for the cars whizzing bye!

But my mood gets very somber, for I concentrate so intensely. Very similar to this pictured petite pastel. Sunrises are unlike sunsets for the colors are more subdued with the highlights at the top of the clouds. With a love for color, it takes quite a bit of patience to execute one.

And when I returned home, my husband had grilled pork ribs ready to eat!

Comments

  1. Susan, another fabulous piece! How would one decide which precious petite to buy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This series is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Julie and Kelley! I've been busy framing some of this petite sunsets the past 2 days. It's amazing how different they look under glass! Really sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan--you always have such a way with clouds--and I wish everyone could see your work in person--they glow! I love the work of yours that I own--I used one in a still life set up for one of my workshops and people were trying to buy it..:))

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER PASTEL CLASSES!

PINK FIELDS 12" x 9" pastel on canvas panel PRIVATE COLLECTOR I'm teaching "Introduction to Pastels" once again  at UCSD Extension this summer and will be covering  a whole array of techniques from washes, to layering  and strokes and in various genres. "PINK FIELDS" was  the demo piece in illustrating washes on textured panels  in an impressionistic style.  So if you want to learn more on this medium, as well  as have a barrel of fun, please click here to read more  and sign up.

Approaching Workshop at New Mexico Art League

Workshop!    Quickly approaching is my 4-days workshop on Painting the Light of New Mexico at the New Mexico Art League in Albuquerque. Will be working on sunny days with white clouds to rain clouds and sunsets. Will definitely be fun! For more information please click here. Evening + Red Glow 2 - soft pastel

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!