Skip to main content

COLORS OF CATALINA SHOW

WILD FLOWERS AT EAGLE NEST
10" x 8" pastel
$495


This grove of wild flowers is where I was traipsing 
around for hours, before I discovered I was stranded.

Lovely....

I was smack dab in the center of Catalina Island for hours, 
mesmerized with the sights and colors. 

There I go... with my head in the clouds and ducking the rain drops!

 Fortunately I finally spotted and flagged down a 
Catalina Conservancy Employee tooling down the road, 
who radioed a ride for my return to Avalon. 
(no, it wasn't a garbage truck as Tirage claimed)

This is one of my paintings included within the Colors of Catalina 
show, comprised of four participating galleries of the Pasadena Art 
Association. Works may be viewed now at the galleries, with mutual 
open house receptions on Saturday, October 9th, from noon to 
5:00 p.m. Myself and many of the exhibiting Artists will 
be in attendance.  

This is a show not to be missed - hope to see you there!


Comments

  1. This is a pretty one. Love the beautiful texture you get. So how did you get out to the center of the island? congrats on the show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dori!
    The Conservancy drove me out 7 in the morning. I hiked around till 4, then returned to the Conservancy's nursery, and lo' and behold - everyone was gone. Was about 14 miles inland and the sun was dropping quick. Plus, it had been raining all day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite a story! Glad you got home safe and sound!

    Your painting is full of beautiful color. I wish I could see the show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan, what a fabulous story to match your fabulous painting. I have to say my "Catalina" pieces for this show don't have any harrowing experiences that accompany them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am catching up since this morning and so fun to see all your recent work!The light/shadow patterns and color palettes are all just super. Love the dappled light in this piece,it's exactly right.
    p.s.-no, I believe your donuts are THE word in decadent!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful painting but I'm starting to be concerned about you. Do we need to get you one of those bracelets that you push when you need help? Congrats. being included in the Catalina show.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your comments on my blog! Beautiful soft colors on this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your comment on my blog. Beautiful coloring on this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER PASTEL CLASSES!

PINK FIELDS 12" x 9" pastel on canvas panel PRIVATE COLLECTOR I'm teaching "Introduction to Pastels" once again  at UCSD Extension this summer and will be covering  a whole array of techniques from washes, to layering  and strokes and in various genres. "PINK FIELDS" was  the demo piece in illustrating washes on textured panels  in an impressionistic style.  So if you want to learn more on this medium, as well  as have a barrel of fun, please click here to read more  and sign up.

Approaching Workshop at New Mexico Art League

Workshop!    Quickly approaching is my 4-days workshop on Painting the Light of New Mexico at the New Mexico Art League in Albuquerque. Will be working on sunny days with white clouds to rain clouds and sunsets. Will definitely be fun! For more information please click here. Evening + Red Glow 2 - soft pastel

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!