Skip to main content

GETTING MY DUCKS IN A ROW

Detail of SKETCH OF ZOE
14"h x 11"w
pastel
 I am honored that Saturday, the 15th I will be giving a 
demonstration at Clairemont Art Guild in San Diego. 

Frequently I am requested by different art organizations, 
but this is my first to Clairemont. After researching, am
delighted to see they have been in existence since 1954 
and associated with Mesa College Art Department. 

Above - Sketch of Zoe - is one of the two paintings which 
I will further develop in my demonstration to illustrate use 
of soft pastels. The second is a further progressed seascape, 
thus individuals can see my distinctive process in it's stages. 

I personally feel art guilds are such a wonderful opportunity 
for individual growth, companionship and participation in
 a community, so am thankful for the invitation to share my art!  

Comments

  1. This piece is so expressive. I don't think you need to do anything else to it. Love the red showing through against all the lovely colors in Zoe's hair and shirt.
    Good luck Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very exciting news. Can't wait to see the finished painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great opportunity! Have lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this. Makes me want to get out my sticks. Congrats on your demo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you - will breathe easier once it's over. Always get anxious and think of what I may forget.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the pose, the expression, the color. BRAVO!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susan, this painting is so delightful & full of energy. Would love to see your demo. Makes me want to try pastels. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the color,is electric!very nice motion in the brushwork.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER PASTEL CLASSES!

PINK FIELDS 12" x 9" pastel on canvas panel PRIVATE COLLECTOR I'm teaching "Introduction to Pastels" once again  at UCSD Extension this summer and will be covering  a whole array of techniques from washes, to layering  and strokes and in various genres. "PINK FIELDS" was  the demo piece in illustrating washes on textured panels  in an impressionistic style.  So if you want to learn more on this medium, as well  as have a barrel of fun, please click here to read more  and sign up.

Approaching Workshop at New Mexico Art League

Workshop!    Quickly approaching is my 4-days workshop on Painting the Light of New Mexico at the New Mexico Art League in Albuquerque. Will be working on sunny days with white clouds to rain clouds and sunsets. Will definitely be fun! For more information please click here. Evening + Red Glow 2 - soft pastel

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!