Skip to main content

DO YOU HEAR THE SWEET MUSIC?



SWEET TUNES 
HOLLYWOODS FARMERS MARKET
6" x 6" pastel
$295 + $15 insured priority shipping


A fog greeted me as I peered out the window this morning.

Dismal? 

No, for the day took me away to a memory a short time ago. 

The day was similar with an overcast, bland sky
and my excitement grew for I was traveling to the 
Hollywoods Farmers Market. 
The bustle, colors, sounds, smells and people. . .
such a feast for eyes!

As I walked, I heard the sweetest yet soft melody from afar. 
Ahead was a man sitting in the middle of the street.
Oblivious to the crowd, he softly played the flute. 

And the fog cleared and my spirits soared! 

Comments

  1. nice poem...and love the painting--!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this one, I do hear the music, my feet are tapping in time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done painting and your descriptive words just set the scene.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pastel. I love the way you took the ordinary road blocks and turned them into a colorful background. Nice figure too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a striking piece Susan! Just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you each and everyone.
    Love the Farmers Markets... so festive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice mood this post has. I like the poetry and the painting together.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER PASTEL CLASSES!

PINK FIELDS 12" x 9" pastel on canvas panel PRIVATE COLLECTOR I'm teaching "Introduction to Pastels" once again  at UCSD Extension this summer and will be covering  a whole array of techniques from washes, to layering  and strokes and in various genres. "PINK FIELDS" was  the demo piece in illustrating washes on textured panels  in an impressionistic style.  So if you want to learn more on this medium, as well  as have a barrel of fun, please click here to read more  and sign up.

Approaching Workshop at New Mexico Art League

Workshop!    Quickly approaching is my 4-days workshop on Painting the Light of New Mexico at the New Mexico Art League in Albuquerque. Will be working on sunny days with white clouds to rain clouds and sunsets. Will definitely be fun! For more information please click here. Evening + Red Glow 2 - soft pastel

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!