Skip to main content

BUT... WHERE'S THE DONUT? - 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 pastel

BUT . . . WHERE'S THE DONUT?
4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel
8" square archival matt*
*packaged in plastic sleeve
SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR

I know Kelley Mac Donald - my donut foe - has been 
ever so busy with her studio sale this week, yet every 
Monday is our Donut War attack. Well, I am so ever more
partial to cupcakes . . . such a fun, dainty, party
pastry! . . .  so I decided to shake things up and shot-putt 
a cupcake to the Donut Queen while her back is turned.
She will be so surprised . . .

Za . . . z . . . zing!

So many are into the cupcakes. You name it - there are cupcake
stores, baking kits, stationery, etc. And recently a friend forwarded to 
me photo of a cupcake tagged on the back of a sign. 
Pretty cool!


Comments

  1. I would take a good cupcake over a donut ANY day!!!! This one make my mouth water!!!! OK, I can shake it up, too... look out next Monday, girl, I'm spending a few days in Provincetown this week, where they make outSTANDing cupcakes. Be afraid... be very afraid...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this the infamous P'Town Kelley? There are no Dunkin' Donuts where I live, but watch out - several exotic cupcake bakeries.
    The ammunition is heating up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny! And beautiful! I can almost feel the sugar on my tongue.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER PASTEL CLASSES!

PINK FIELDS 12" x 9" pastel on canvas panel PRIVATE COLLECTOR I'm teaching "Introduction to Pastels" once again  at UCSD Extension this summer and will be covering  a whole array of techniques from washes, to layering  and strokes and in various genres. "PINK FIELDS" was  the demo piece in illustrating washes on textured panels  in an impressionistic style.  So if you want to learn more on this medium, as well  as have a barrel of fun, please click here to read more  and sign up.

Approaching Workshop at New Mexico Art League

Workshop!    Quickly approaching is my 4-days workshop on Painting the Light of New Mexico at the New Mexico Art League in Albuquerque. Will be working on sunny days with white clouds to rain clouds and sunsets. Will definitely be fun! For more information please click here. Evening + Red Glow 2 - soft pastel

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!