3.11.2012

TO CARD . . . OR NOT TO CARD?

KITTY LOVES CHOCOLATE
4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel
SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR

The other day I was in a store being assisted by a 
young clerk, who requested to see my drivers license.
I told her that it was current with the exception of a new
post office box number, for my former post office
was one of the closed casualties. At that point the young
girl commented how she got a small group of friends to
start sending each other letters and cards, for it was such a
thrill to receive something!

Which in turn started me thinking . . . 

With technology, everyone is tuned in, to every facet imaginable.
But how many actually observe the events posted in Facebook?
I haven't.
 So it's really has become an unique experience to open
one's home mailbox and receive mail. To actually hold
 something in one's hands, makes an individual stop and really
observe a special occasion.

So how many artists out there, still send out promotional
post cards for shows? I do, which has resulted in sales prior
to many openings. At times to personalize even more, I
handwrite the addresses rather than use preprinted labels.