Skip to main content

BLAZING RED

GLOW
11"h x 14"w pastel
black with gold trim frame
sold -  private collector

Night fell fast. The lower half of a thick strand of dark clouds turned blazing-red from the sun as it dropped to the horizon.

And the night glowed.

Comments

  1. Oooooohhh this is just wonderful..can't you just see this on a wall!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, I love the drama of this. the limited color and values really pack a punch! very nice

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you've got those little peaks of light blue showing through in the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its wonderful to see a pastel artist on Daily Painter Originals. What drama in this painting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much all of you! Feel very fortunate to be included in DPO - great opportunity for us all.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!

MEMORIES AND FAVORITES

DIGNITY pastel SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR After the holidays, I begun to reminisce of people from my past.    Reflecting, I realize that life experiences have  enriched me greatly in so many ways.  Dignity is not only of a friend I lost touch with,  but also a personal, favorite painting that went to another home. Fond memories.... gone but not forgotten.