You captured the movement so beautifully Susan! This is a really good painting, and showcases your style in a new way. I like how your work is consistent from piece to piece yet each piece is a new concept and a whole different story and has a uniqueness in itself. That's not an easy achievement for an artist, but you do that so well. :)
GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest National Park, where I did a residency and was the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!
2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!
DIGNITY pastel SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR After the holidays, I begun to reminisce of people from my past. Reflecting, I realize that life experiences have enriched me greatly in so many ways. Dignity is not only of a friend I lost touch with, but also a personal, favorite painting that went to another home. Fond memories.... gone but not forgotten.
So cool. Love the movement and freedom of the piece.
ReplyDeleteYou captured the movement so beautifully Susan! This is a really good painting, and showcases your style in a new way. I like how your work is consistent from piece to piece yet each piece is a new concept and a whole different story and has a uniqueness in itself. That's not an easy achievement for an artist, but you do that so well. :)
ReplyDeleteLove the action in this painting!!
ReplyDeleteThank you everyone and especially Katherine! I take your compliment as a huge achievement on growing, learning and creating.
ReplyDeleteWow! I love this so much. I've been thinking of doing some action gestures and this is totally inspiring. I need some young lively models, I think.
ReplyDelete