Skip to main content

DESERT DUNES - 6" x 6" desert acrylic by Susan Roden


 DESERT DUNES

6" x 6" acrylic on cradled wooden panel

One of my favorite places to walk to at the Desert Dairy Farm 

was the dunes. They were leading to the top of a hill and the 

view was incomparable! Above, DESERT DUNES, is a petite

vignette I created while at the Farm. 


This was the place I initially would have liked to install the sculpture,

but the area was unstable for it continually shifted during sand and 

wind storms.


Below is a photo of approaching the dunes before walking up to

the top.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!

MEMORIES AND FAVORITES

DIGNITY pastel SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR After the holidays, I begun to reminisce of people from my past.    Reflecting, I realize that life experiences have  enriched me greatly in so many ways.  Dignity is not only of a friend I lost touch with,  but also a personal, favorite painting that went to another home. Fond memories.... gone but not forgotten.