Skip to main content

DE-LISH!

MEXICAN DELIGHT
4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel
8" square archival white matte, glass + gold leaf frame
$150 + $15 insured priority shipping


It is hard to believe, but I'm really not into the 
sweet icing - even though I have had great fun eating my props lately.

And of course, there's the flinging of frosting across the nation 
at the Contessa! 

Honestly, I must say that my downfall are huge 
donuts, but decided the need to put this Mexican sweet 
next on my list. This luscious pastry was from the 
Golden Crown Panaderia, famed for their turkey bread sculpture.
Something to consider for Thanksgiving!
 

Comments

  1. oh...ohhh...OH! I may have to crawl out of my sick bed to 'answer' this one! And the dish is delightful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So festilve and colorful! I love the way you handled the pastry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a piece. So complex and beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Muy bonita!!! The pastry looks so great on that festive background. Love the way the pattern of the sugar is echoed in the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the interaction of the pastry and background is excellent-what fun

    ReplyDelete
  6. And it sure tasted good!
    Thank you....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!

MEMORIES AND FAVORITES

DIGNITY pastel SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR After the holidays, I begun to reminisce of people from my past.    Reflecting, I realize that life experiences have  enriched me greatly in so many ways.  Dignity is not only of a friend I lost touch with,  but also a personal, favorite painting that went to another home. Fond memories.... gone but not forgotten.