Skip to main content

FLASH, LAYERS + COLORS

COLORFUL JOURNEY
4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel

Rippling and falling, the colors cascaded downward.

 And a periodic bright flash amongst the subdued 
palette illuminated the evening sky.

So many colors, so many layers... one could easily get lost within.



Comments

  1. Drama to the max. Amazed at the brillance of color. Well done, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful

    Great Job!

    : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just can never get tired of gazing at your little Big Skies.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!

MEMORIES AND FAVORITES

DIGNITY pastel SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR After the holidays, I begun to reminisce of people from my past.    Reflecting, I realize that life experiences have  enriched me greatly in so many ways.  Dignity is not only of a friend I lost touch with,  but also a personal, favorite painting that went to another home. Fond memories.... gone but not forgotten.