Skip to main content

MISTY SKY, DARK CLOUDS

TUMBLE INTO THE NIGHT
4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel
8" square archival white matte, glass + gold leaf frame
As I walked, the mist of rain fell onto my face.

A fresh, clean scent lingered in the air.

By nightfall a heavy mass of clouds filled the sky. 

With an altered dark mood.

Comments

  1. Susan--your elegance in your paintings, your use of color and movement, and your choice of words to go with are pure delight! Thanks and thanks for sharing your beautiful spirit and gift with the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice color and movement in your painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! So powerful. Love the colors and the freshness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone thank you so much for your comments!

    Do feel this sunset is so appropriate for today's weather - gloomy and rainy. The clouds will be thick this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very powerful work! Those bold colors really add to the drama and stormy atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific color in this highly charged painting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ove the swirling in movement and decadence of this orange frosting,mmmmmm -always perfect

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!

MEMORIES AND FAVORITES

DIGNITY pastel SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR After the holidays, I begun to reminisce of people from my past.    Reflecting, I realize that life experiences have  enriched me greatly in so many ways.  Dignity is not only of a friend I lost touch with,  but also a personal, favorite painting that went to another home. Fond memories.... gone but not forgotten.