Skip to main content

TWISTS + BENDS


I've been working off and on these days with figurative 
pieces in exploration of movement and interaction. 

The above three panels illustrates the preliminary 
layering and blocking-in. All imagery is still very 
loose, but will tighten as the painting progresses. 
I will also apply a sliver of gold leaf following 
the skating path.

Isn't it amazing of all the contortions skateboarders 
subject their bodies to, while in flight?  

Comments

  1. Une belle progression... J'aime beaucoup le mouvement.
    Gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like what you have going here. Thatnks for showing your steps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very interesting! I hope you will post the finished result. I cannot imagine how you will apply gold leaf to pastel???

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!

MEMORIES AND FAVORITES

DIGNITY pastel SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR After the holidays, I begun to reminisce of people from my past.    Reflecting, I realize that life experiences have  enriched me greatly in so many ways.  Dignity is not only of a friend I lost touch with,  but also a personal, favorite painting that went to another home. Fond memories.... gone but not forgotten.