Skip to main content

STUDENTS PASTEL ART

FREE SPIRIT

The summer pastel class I taught at UCSD Extension was 
amazing! Everyone worked so very hard and created 
exceptional art.

Above, Free Spirit, was one of the communal 
pieees. We played musical art to give all experience 
working on a variety of substrates. After a set time, 
the board was passed to the next person to continue. 

And now most of the communal pieces will be 
framed and sold for a fundraiser to benefit 
San Diego's Monarch School for homeless kids. 
The event will be held and on exhibit at Ray

I'll be posting several of the pieces of the art, 
as well as additional information of the event
in upcoming posts.

Stay tuned!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

BLAZING RED

GLOW 11"h x 14"w pastel black with gold trim frame sold -   private collector Night fell fast. The lower half of a thick strand of dark clouds turned blazing-red from the sun as it dropped to the horizon. And the night glowed.

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!