Skip to main content

MARILYN + THE DEL - pastel by Susan Roden

MARILYN + THE DEL
sold - private collector

Iconic . . .  no other words for the little lady.

Time has rolled on yet she is still as popular as ever. 
One of my dearest friends loves Marilyn
and so I was commissioned to create a likeness. 

It has been over 50 years since the filming
of "Some Like It Hot" with Marilyn and Tony Curtis. 
The film was shot in Coronado which is a peninsula of San Diego
and considered one of the finest films ever produced. 

Click here to read The Del's historical account of the filming.

And thank you so much Alex!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!

MEMORIES AND FAVORITES

DIGNITY pastel SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR After the holidays, I begun to reminisce of people from my past.    Reflecting, I realize that life experiences have  enriched me greatly in so many ways.  Dignity is not only of a friend I lost touch with,  but also a personal, favorite painting that went to another home. Fond memories.... gone but not forgotten.