Skip to main content

SUMMER PASTEL CLASSES!

PINK FIELDS
12" x 9" pastel on canvas panel
PRIVATE COLLECTOR

I'm teaching "Introduction to Pastels" once again 
at UCSD Extension this summer and will be covering 
a whole array of techniques from washes, to layering 
and strokes and in various genres. "PINK FIELDS" was 
the demo piece in illustrating washes on textured panels
 in an impressionistic style. 

So if you want to learn more on this medium, as well 
as have a barrel of fun, please click here to read more 
and sign up.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!

MEMORIES AND FAVORITES

DIGNITY pastel SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR After the holidays, I begun to reminisce of people from my past.    Reflecting, I realize that life experiences have  enriched me greatly in so many ways.  Dignity is not only of a friend I lost touch with,  but also a personal, favorite painting that went to another home. Fond memories.... gone but not forgotten.