Skip to main content

SKETCH of a CLASSICAL PORTRAIT by Susan Roden

BLUE + ORANGE STUDY
11"h x 8 1/2" w pastel

Amazed how time flies! 
Is this happening to anyone else out there?

And have been plugging away over here, yet quiet
 as a mouse. Realized I've overlooked posting 
on my blog, but hopefully some of you have been
following me on Instagram. 

 I've been doing quite a bit of portraiture from life 
as well as studio studies. 
Above was from life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

BLAZING RED

GLOW 11"h x 14"w pastel black with gold trim frame sold -   private collector Night fell fast. The lower half of a thick strand of dark clouds turned blazing-red from the sun as it dropped to the horizon. And the night glowed.

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!