Skip to main content

ATTITUDE + GOLD - 10" round pastel + gold leaf by Susan Roden

ATTITUDE + GOLD
10" round pastel + gold leaf on wood
13" square glass + gold frame

Boy, some mornings I feel just like this . . . glum. 
Actually it's funny to see the expression on someone 
else, which makes me more conscience on the look. 
  Even with a sad expression I love this piece! 

And this piece is one of the three pastels that were 
juried into New Mexico Art League's True Likeness,
 and exhibition of the portrait and figure show 
which opens October 22nd. 




Comments

  1. Bonjour chère amie,

    J'aime beaucoup ce portrait. Peu importe son expression... Les couleurs apportent à ce portrait un grand rayonnement.

    Gros bisous 🌸

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!

MEMORIES AND FAVORITES

DIGNITY pastel SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR After the holidays, I begun to reminisce of people from my past.    Reflecting, I realize that life experiences have  enriched me greatly in so many ways.  Dignity is not only of a friend I lost touch with,  but also a personal, favorite painting that went to another home. Fond memories.... gone but not forgotten.