Skip to main content

Desert Dairy Farm Maquette by Susan Roden

 



Close-Up of the Model for the Desert Dairy Farm Residency

Maquette height 11 1/2"


This is why I've been missing for over two months. And all thought

I was getting into trouble huh? 


Well, I'm slated for an artist residency at The Desert Dairy Farm 

(Desert Dairy Farm) this upcoming February and in honor of this 

wonderful gift, I wish to build a sculpture emulating the natural 

environment and habitat of the desert. The intended piece will nearly top 7',

be a three-sided wooden structure topped with a cow built out of recycled

materials. I will build - with Dave's assistance in fabricating - and paint 

the structure prior to the residency and then install while there. 


To help fund the project I've created a Kickstarter project that was 

launched last night and only runs through January 16th. Any funds received 

above the stated budget will be donated to the Desert Dairy fund to aid 

future residents.

To read more in detail of my project please click here.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

BLAZING RED

GLOW 11"h x 14"w pastel black with gold trim frame sold -   private collector Night fell fast. The lower half of a thick strand of dark clouds turned blazing-red from the sun as it dropped to the horizon. And the night glowed.

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!