Skip to main content

A JOSHUA - 10" x 10" Southwest acrylic by Susan Roden

A JOSHUA

10" x 10" acrylic on wooden panel 


Well it's been awhile since my last posting and I apologize. 

Pinched back nerve - ouch! 

So now I'm back and onward with my travels at Twentynine Palms.


On my second day of residency at the Desert Dairy Farm, I spent

 half of it at the Joshua Tree National Park. Breath-taking! 

Above a joshua tree is front-center of the painting. They are truly 

amazing and massive in height. 


Above is the sculpture I painted prior to arriving at the Farm. Had

 only seen pictures of joshua trees, which was used for my painting 

source. So happy to see they were actually as I envisioned!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!

MEMORIES AND FAVORITES

DIGNITY pastel SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR After the holidays, I begun to reminisce of people from my past.    Reflecting, I realize that life experiences have  enriched me greatly in so many ways.  Dignity is not only of a friend I lost touch with,  but also a personal, favorite painting that went to another home. Fond memories.... gone but not forgotten.