Skip to main content

Degrees of Loneliness - #1, 10" x 10" mixed media by Susan Roden


 DEGREES OF LONELINESS - #1
10" x 10" round mixed media on wood

This is the current central piece within the 
collection of Degrees of Loneliness, which addresses
 the fallacy that all elderly people are depressed and 
lonely. The collection reflects landscapes and 
skyscapes in various stages of sunsets to indicate 
levels of depression. Statistics reveal that the 
percentage of depressed are actually very minimal.

#1 reflects an encroachment of sad emotions on
the right side, yet the gold leaf underneath and 
which grounds the shrubs, signifies the day is 
bright and hopeful.  
      

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!

MEMORIES AND FAVORITES

DIGNITY pastel SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR After the holidays, I begun to reminisce of people from my past.    Reflecting, I realize that life experiences have  enriched me greatly in so many ways.  Dignity is not only of a friend I lost touch with,  but also a personal, favorite painting that went to another home. Fond memories.... gone but not forgotten.