Skip to main content

PURPLE + YELLOW TREE - pastel landscape by Susan E Roden


PURPLE + YELLOW TREE

8" x 8" soft pastel on sanded paper

12" white mat, glass + black frame

$275 - tax + shipping inclusive 



With the new year, I'm off to a fresh start!
I've been absent much on my blog, for life has
thrown so many twists on the day-to-day events. 
But I've missed all, so this year I'll be more present. 

Above, PURPLE + YELLOW TREE is a pastel I've
created for my upcoming class at the New Mexico Art
League that begins this Friday, the 6th. 

PURPLE + YELLOW TREE is a sample of utilizing
bright complimentary colors in a scene. Below, is 
an image of the 2 pastels I've created with one using 
subtle complimentary colors and the same scene with
bright colors and a more graphic approach. 

And the scene is from the Desert Dairy Farm's oasis
where I was so fortunate to have a residency in
2021+ 2022! Love that place!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

BLAZING RED

GLOW 11"h x 14"w pastel black with gold trim frame sold -   private collector Night fell fast. The lower half of a thick strand of dark clouds turned blazing-red from the sun as it dropped to the horizon. And the night glowed.

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!