Skip to main content

SPRING IN THE AIR


FLOWERS + BLACK
7"h x 5"w pastel
black with gold frame + glass
SOLD!

Another beautiful day with the sun bursting in blue skies.
(sorry for all of you on the East Coast)

So how about a simple vase with posies
to jump start spring? 

Comments

  1. This is really striking Susan! Your mark making makes me want to look closely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the flowers, simple and beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. All those delicate little petals against the rich, dark background are breathtaking! And you're treatment of the glass is amazing, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Strikingly beautiful. Very stunning in its simplicity- elegant and just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very delicate, and the light is like a lovely starburst,very nice Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan...just wonderful and refreshing. Amazing pastel work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely colors against the dark back ground. Another two months and we might see a dandelion or two :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you everyone for the nice comments.

    Love flowers -they brighten my day up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!

MEMORIES AND FAVORITES

DIGNITY pastel SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR After the holidays, I begun to reminisce of people from my past.    Reflecting, I realize that life experiences have  enriched me greatly in so many ways.  Dignity is not only of a friend I lost touch with,  but also a personal, favorite painting that went to another home. Fond memories.... gone but not forgotten.