Skip to main content

ZIP, ZAP, AND AWAY WE GO!

BODY PARTS + DREMEL

First I must say, forgive me . . . to the people
who diligently follow my blog and my pastels. 
I will eventually get back to them. I have 
been preparing for my 2 solo shows. 

And where have I have been?

Busting, cutting, hacking and painting  away at 
little sweet geishe dolls. I'm on a roll here!

 Had a little tutorial with my husband and another
 friend with hand tools . . .  what every gal needs!
 Amazing what these electronic devices can do.

Anyway, I have been working away on little 
pieces for my 2 shows coming up and it has 
been so exciting working with new materials. 
Everyone must try it at least once.

Rock on!

Comments

  1. J'ai hâte de voir la suite...

    Gros bisous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! When are your upcoming shows? I'd love to go. My email; vintagesugarcube@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like we have a female Damien Hrist on our hands here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone . . . and so funny Dave. At the moment I do not have any jeweled skulls within the exhibits, but one never knows.

    Jenny the 2 shows in San Diego will be in October/ November. I'm a bit late getting info up for drilling, hacking and epoxy'ing away over here.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!

MEMORIES AND FAVORITES

DIGNITY pastel SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR After the holidays, I begun to reminisce of people from my past.    Reflecting, I realize that life experiences have  enriched me greatly in so many ways.  Dignity is not only of a friend I lost touch with,  but also a personal, favorite painting that went to another home. Fond memories.... gone but not forgotten.