Skip to main content

VEILED - pastel + gold leaf portrait by Susan Roden

VEILED
pastel + gold leaf

I'm quiet once again in my corner over here, but have been 
working away. Above, VEILED, is one of my current pieces.

Have been playing with figures inanimate objects wrapped 
in tulle. Fascinated with the slight sheerness, as well as the 
look with the fabric draping over the face and body.

Need to take a better image with correct lighting, but did
want to throw this out there since I've been MIA.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

BLAZING RED

GLOW 11"h x 14"w pastel black with gold trim frame sold -   private collector Night fell fast. The lower half of a thick strand of dark clouds turned blazing-red from the sun as it dropped to the horizon. And the night glowed.

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!