Skip to main content

WREATH and WREATH COLORS - figurative pastel sketches by Susan Roden


WREATH 
life drawing sketch on paper

I've been knee deep into taxes, organizational responsibilities
and of course, family. Time consuming yes, but really I'm
not complaining. Just that there has been a shortage of time. 

So last week I had my play time and went life drawing.  So 
exhilarating and also takes me away in my mind.  The model 
was so good that I got the reprieve I needed. 

Above, WREATH, is my first pastel sketch on paper. And below
WREATH COLORS, is created on a 10" round wood circle. 
The general proportions were sketched in with pastels, then a 
water wash applied and an overlay of pastel ontop.

WREATH + COLORS
10" round wood base + pastels


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

BLAZING RED

GLOW 11"h x 14"w pastel black with gold trim frame sold -   private collector Night fell fast. The lower half of a thick strand of dark clouds turned blazing-red from the sun as it dropped to the horizon. And the night glowed.

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!