Skip to main content

MAQUETTE CLOSEUP - desert landscape acrylic by Susan Roden


   A hop, skip, jump away till I go to my residency at the Desert Dairy Farm!
So close, yet still a ways away.  

   I created a project for this very residency, which a slice of the maquette (model) is illustrated and to the right here. This will be a 3-sided public art sculpture that will top nearly seven feet at completion. It will be fabricated out of wood and installed on the grounds at the Desert Dairy Farm during the mid-February residency. 

  I've also started a Kickstarter project to enable the sculpture to come to fruition. This is an international platform that aids artists in budgeting projects. And I'm pleased to report in two weeks time the project is 86% funded, yet this is an all or none fund, i.e. all the budget has to be collected or the project is struck down. If any monies are collected above the budget amount, I will be donating at 100% to the Desert Dairy Farm to aid future residents. 

Please read a detail description and video, as well as the donation page by clicking here.

Thank you for supporting the arts!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!

MEMORIES AND FAVORITES

DIGNITY pastel SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR After the holidays, I begun to reminisce of people from my past.    Reflecting, I realize that life experiences have  enriched me greatly in so many ways.  Dignity is not only of a friend I lost touch with,  but also a personal, favorite painting that went to another home. Fond memories.... gone but not forgotten.