Skip to main content

DESERT PASTEL -5"x5" pastel by Susan Roden


 Desert Pastel
5" x 5" pastel on wood panel

Above, Desert Pastel, is the first piece of art and only
pastel that I created while at the Farm. It was Saturday,
February 13th at 6 am, with the chilled winds moving 
with alarming speed throughout the sky. 

 The afternoon of the day prior, I drove up to the 
Desert Dairy Farm with my sculpture strapped onto the 
front and back seats. Curiosity and anticipation of 
what was in store for me with this residency.


Anna Stump, co-founder of the Desert Dairy Farm
gave me a grand tour of the facilities and grounds. 
Below is a front view of the barn, where I spent much
time during the day.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

BLAZING RED

GLOW 11"h x 14"w pastel black with gold trim frame sold -   private collector Night fell fast. The lower half of a thick strand of dark clouds turned blazing-red from the sun as it dropped to the horizon. And the night glowed.

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!