Skip to main content

PINK BEAUTY- 10" x 10" acrylic landscape by Susan Roden


 PINK BEAUTY

10" x 10" acrylic on cradled wooden panel

Sold - Private Collector

During my residency I spent two afternoons at the Joshua Tree 

National Park. Above is a scene from there.


 Was fascinated with the Joshua trees with their shaggy bark. 

This was quite a departure for me with a predominate pink palette.

Kind of grooving on it too.


And an added plus is this went to a local collector, so I get to 

visit the painting! Always nice to have that opportunity and see a 

piece with fresh eyes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

BLAZING RED

GLOW 11"h x 14"w pastel black with gold trim frame sold -   private collector Night fell fast. The lower half of a thick strand of dark clouds turned blazing-red from the sun as it dropped to the horizon. And the night glowed.

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!