Skip to main content

Detail of Venus by Susan Roden


Detail of Beauty is Skin Deep

mixed media + gold leaf

16" round on wood panel 


I'm back in California at the Desert Dairy Farm  on my second 

residency. So inspirational while pushing my creativity as I'm

 away from the daily life. And ever so grateful!


So what have I been doing? Developing a project I begun some 

time ago, which is the female perspective on aging. Pictured is

a work in progress of Venus de Milo. Other art is being created 

upon dresses which I am painting, sewing and stitching. 

More will follow soon! 


And below is a slice of the desert's life.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

BLAZING RED

GLOW 11"h x 14"w pastel black with gold trim frame sold -   private collector Night fell fast. The lower half of a thick strand of dark clouds turned blazing-red from the sun as it dropped to the horizon. And the night glowed.

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!