Skip to main content

four - pastel abstract by Susan Roden


 four
7" x 7" pastel
10" x10" white mat, glass and frame

Such great news! 
The above abstract, four, was juried into Santa Fe's 
gallery, Light Space Time's 13th Online Abstracts Exhibition. And
 many know abstracts are a departure from my usual representation 
art. I had been playing around with this style to create a class on 
abstracts, so had painted a few. Great honor to be juried into this
 exhibit and I received special recognition!

Submissions had to be nonobjective and nonrepresentational with 
three divisions, photography & digital, 3 dimensional and painting 
& other medium, which my piece was admitted into. The 
gallery received 1,091 entries from 29 countries. The show will be 
viewable throughout March, so please click onto 
13th Online Abstracts Exhibition. to see a larger view of my piece. 


On another note, I arrived a couple of days ago for my second 
residency at the Twentynine Palms, Desert Dairy Farm. I'm 
working on a special project that  will be posting on soon. My time
 has been very inspirational and here's a view of the sunset 
last night.


  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

BLAZING RED

GLOW 11"h x 14"w pastel black with gold trim frame sold -   private collector Night fell fast. The lower half of a thick strand of dark clouds turned blazing-red from the sun as it dropped to the horizon. And the night glowed.

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!