Skip to main content

WHAT AM I EVER UP TO?

I realized with my last 
posting, Changes In 
Life, was kind of 
ambiguous, so I guess 
I better clarify where I 
was going with that. I 
have been doing quite 
a bit of thinking of my 
artistic path. Seems 
I lost my way a bit 
ago. Ever happened 
to you? 

After much soul 
searching and 
evaluating, I decided 
to make some changes. 

First I will be posting and focalizing on larger pastel pieces. Secondly, I will be writing on personal artistic influences, thought processing, 
unique techniques and mediums, with interspersing of prose. 

I know many have been following my little sweet treats and Donut 
War, while others have enjoyed my petite sunsets, so am sorry if I 
disappoint anyone. I can assure you there will be postings of petite 
pastels, but as preludes and sketches to larger pieces. 

Also there will be explanations of my more controversial art, i.e. the 
deconstructed art, as well as new art form where I merge figurative 
with animals in a mixed medium format on wooden cradled panels. 

So hopefully this will pique your interest and come along for the ride. 
Stay tuned and let's play together!

Comments

  1. Susan, I look forward to seeing the larger pastels especially! The figurative with animals sounds fantastic too... I too am trying to work bigger, but find myself juggling other stuff at the same time. It's a balance act keeping your creative juices going, bills paid and sanity at the same time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Susan,

    This is great news cuz we need to constantly explore our creativity and that equates to change!

    So, I thought this was appropriate for you:

    "The progression of a painter's work,
    as it travels in time from point to point,
    will be towards clarity; toward the
    elimination of all obstacles
    between the painter and the idea,
    between the idea and the observer."
    – Mark Rothko, 1952

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anxious to follow your newest adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful Susan. I think the little pieces have their purpose, but artists should continue to paint large as well. Nothing feels better than grabbing that huge brush and swatting that canvas with all you've got! I look forward to the new creativity that shows up here. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan, this is going to be fantastic for you! I am excited for you and excited to see your future work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Thanks for your comments and support here. Think many will be surprised with what I actually do over here when playing.
    And Brenda Rothko's verse is so inspiring! Used to see all of his work when I lived in Houston - an artist definitely before his time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am inspired by your thoughts along your journey. I have never read the Rothko quote before...brilliantly stated. So I say go create. I am grateful to be the observer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Change requires courage; kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER PASTEL CLASSES!

PINK FIELDS 12" x 9" pastel on canvas panel PRIVATE COLLECTOR I'm teaching "Introduction to Pastels" once again  at UCSD Extension this summer and will be covering  a whole array of techniques from washes, to layering  and strokes and in various genres. "PINK FIELDS" was  the demo piece in illustrating washes on textured panels  in an impressionistic style.  So if you want to learn more on this medium, as well  as have a barrel of fun, please click here to read more  and sign up.

Approaching Workshop at New Mexico Art League

Workshop!    Quickly approaching is my 4-days workshop on Painting the Light of New Mexico at the New Mexico Art League in Albuquerque. Will be working on sunny days with white clouds to rain clouds and sunsets. Will definitely be fun! For more information please click here. Evening + Red Glow 2 - soft pastel

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!