Skip to main content

DAYDREAMS OF ESCAPE

detail of a new pastel sky
Pressures 
from left 
and right

pulling . . .  

squeezing . . . 

suffocating.

Hiding 
in the clouds,
to turn a back 
on everyday 
life. 






So you say "what???" 
And I say, "oh no! tax time!"

Comments

  1. Beautiful colors on the soft clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. J'aime être allongée et regarder le ciel... le vôtre est particulièrement beau... J'aime l'ensemble des couleurs qui dansent et se rejoignent tout en mouvement.
    gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such movement, such energy. Nice.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!

BLAZING RED

GLOW 11"h x 14"w pastel black with gold trim frame sold -   private collector Night fell fast. The lower half of a thick strand of dark clouds turned blazing-red from the sun as it dropped to the horizon. And the night glowed.