Skip to main content

MONUMENTAL FAITH

MONUMENTAL FAITH
pastel
SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR

Today is a day of remembrance.

Of the good . . .

kind . . .

and brave. 

Forever are we indebted, so may we never forget. 

Comments

  1. lovely painting today Susan...heartfelt words that i too share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great Tribute! Love the angle on this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an excellent piece, thanks for sharing it. May I ask what size it is? What kind of paper is it on?

    I especially like the colors and texture of the rock - it's vibrant, yet subtly patterned, and seems to be quite accurate. Is this an actual place? If so, where is it?

    Thanks again for sharing, and I'm sorry about all the questions. Your sentiments are particularly meaningful to me - some of my best friends were injured in 9/11. Their lives were saved by those courageous and brave emergency crews.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Julie, Gwen and Logan.

    Logan I am glad to hear your friends survived, but sorry to read of their injuries.

    I believe the pastel is approximately 12"w x 18"h unframed. The image is the gateway into the church at Taos Pueblo, Taos New Mexico.

    The skies are always such a deep blue, that makes the white cross very majestic and a wonderful contrast to the adobe structure.

    I used to live in Albuquerque with gallery
    representation in Taos, so visited the Pueblo frequently. It's very inspirational to me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!

MEMORIES AND FAVORITES

DIGNITY pastel SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR After the holidays, I begun to reminisce of people from my past.    Reflecting, I realize that life experiences have  enriched me greatly in so many ways.  Dignity is not only of a friend I lost touch with,  but also a personal, favorite painting that went to another home. Fond memories.... gone but not forgotten.