Skip to main content

A BITE . . . NEW BEGINNINGS

A BITE *
14" x 18" pastel
*detail of painting

And I'm off!

Finally got a break in my hectic schedule, so going
 off in another tangent with art for a completely
 different series. 

Isn't it refreshing? 

Sure you other artists out there can relate. I've made some 
 changes - basically stopped creating petite daily pastels - 
and focusing on larger art, as well as pieces for my two 
upcoming shows (which entails my itty-bitty creatures, that
seems to flip everyone out, but hey . .  everyone has their vices.)

So back to my new stuff. I'm primarily focusing on figurative 
work, with a different handling of the background. For years I 
vowed that I do not +  would not blend, however the basis of 
this background is blended. Well whip me, but I did find it 
quite challenging. So I've journeyed to farmers markets, 
with the people being my target, rather than the produce. 

 Okey . . . now where will this lead me? 

Stay tuned.

Comments

  1. Excellent! If this is an indicator, it will lead to grand things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful Susan! And... is she eating a DONUT????? Go in the direction your desire takes you - you will not be disappointed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Mary! Very kind of you.

    And Kelley you are TOO funny - of course she's eating a donut. There is no other better food group than sweet, sugary donuts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Un très joli pastel... Une grande sérénité dans cette oeuvre... Laissez-vous porter...
    gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan, I LOVE this one! Your unique, creative style is still evident in this painting, but there is a new additional element of deep pensive emotion (that was my own reaction, somebody else might see it differently). Is the palette a lot different from what you've used before? I find all of your work stunning, every time I see it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful work, Susan. It's always a good thing to shake things up, go in a different direction. That's what keeps life exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susan, this is really refreshing and your skills are great.

    Thank you for your comment erlier today, I am sorry for your friend.
    I can't post comment on my own blog. go to understand blogger.

    see you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!

MEMORIES AND FAVORITES

DIGNITY pastel SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR After the holidays, I begun to reminisce of people from my past.    Reflecting, I realize that life experiences have  enriched me greatly in so many ways.  Dignity is not only of a friend I lost touch with,  but also a personal, favorite painting that went to another home. Fond memories.... gone but not forgotten.