Skip to main content

SAN MIGUEL MISSION CHURCH - 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 pastel

SAN MIGUEL MISSION CHURCH
4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel*
SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR

During my last trip to Santa Fe, I returned to a favorite site. 
The San Miguel Mission Church is revered as the oldest
church in the United States and built by the Tlaxcalan
Indians in the early 1600's. 

The rich adobes walls are a wonderful contrast to Santa Fe's
blue skies. 

To read more about the Mission's rich history click here.


Comments

  1. Beautiful pastel painting, Susan. I love the purples in the building...so well done.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I miss New Mexico at times, so nice to revisit through a painting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

BLAZING RED

GLOW 11"h x 14"w pastel black with gold trim frame sold -   private collector Night fell fast. The lower half of a thick strand of dark clouds turned blazing-red from the sun as it dropped to the horizon. And the night glowed.

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!