Skip to main content

MANY COLORS - figurative pastel by Susan Roden

MANY COLORS 
pastel on paper

A little late here, but this is a piece I worked on at last 
week's life drawing session. Heidi is a wonderful model 
and so enjoy sketching her! 

Below is the vamp-in after the first hour. Been experimenting 
with laying a base of 3 colors prior to the beginning of 
sketching. Gives a nice under-base to build upon. And 
going out of my norm'  by use of bright, strong colors. Do 
tend to use a lot of light blues and turquoise.


Comments

  1. I am only an amateur artist with no critical background, but I like the top version better. The colors and textures enhance the effect. In the bottom version, I don't think the blurs and heavier shading work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!

MEMORIES AND FAVORITES

DIGNITY pastel SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR After the holidays, I begun to reminisce of people from my past.    Reflecting, I realize that life experiences have  enriched me greatly in so many ways.  Dignity is not only of a friend I lost touch with,  but also a personal, favorite painting that went to another home. Fond memories.... gone but not forgotten.