I can see why this beauty has already sold! Gorgeous in every way. The greens contrasted with the lilacs adds a nice calm moment. Incredible job on the water in the vase and all of those luminous folds of light.
Thanks everyone! As Gwen says, I found the imagery very calming, which I urgently needed after being sick. Just the normal yucky-run-of-the-mill stomach flu that packs a punch in the gut. But now I'm back!
GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest National Park, where I did a residency and was the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!
2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!
GLOW 11"h x 14"w pastel black with gold trim frame sold - private collector Night fell fast. The lower half of a thick strand of dark clouds turned blazing-red from the sun as it dropped to the horizon. And the night glowed.
This is beautiful! Love the loose, just happened to throw some daisies in a vase and the apples were there feeling. Wonderful petals on the daisies.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous play of light on this fabric!
ReplyDeleteKim
So you were sick but happy you're back. Beautiful piece, lucky collector.
ReplyDeleteGlad you're on the mend and back in the saddle so to speak! Lovely lavender colours in this piece.
ReplyDeleteI can see why this beauty has already sold! Gorgeous in every way. The greens contrasted with the lilacs adds a nice calm moment. Incredible job on the water in the vase and all of those luminous folds of light.
ReplyDeleteSo glad you're back and feeling better!
Thanks everyone!
ReplyDeleteAs Gwen says, I found the imagery very calming, which I urgently needed after being sick. Just the normal yucky-run-of-the-mill stomach flu that packs a punch in the gut.
But now I'm back!