Skip to main content

VULNERARBLE?

RED SHADES 2
3 1/2" x 3 1/2" mixed media
6" round striped distressed frame
$100 + $5 insured priority shipping


Well I'm really skipping along here from kids art to nudes. 

Have a day that you feel vulnerable and exposed? 

Yep . . .  today is a day like that.

But never fear . . . I have red shades to protect.

Comments

  1. Beautiful, Susan. The round shape works wonderfully with this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, I think it is soft and delicate. Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank Kerri and Billie - especially to see beauty within. I had received personally a couple of comments that was not favorable and I believe, more so for the subject matter than the technique.

    I also had an inquiry if the model was a cancer patient - which she was not, just brash actions after a fight with her boyfriend.

    And even though no one asked, no, this is not a self portrait for the DPW challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful. Now... I have to tell you my first thought was that it was a GUTSY self portrait. But then I'm like "She wouldn't cut her hair!"
    Watch out... incoming before 2 a.m.!!!! Multiple volleys!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!

BLAZING RED

GLOW 11"h x 14"w pastel black with gold trim frame sold -   private collector Night fell fast. The lower half of a thick strand of dark clouds turned blazing-red from the sun as it dropped to the horizon. And the night glowed.