Skip to main content

DOLLS + TREASURES OF MINE

BABY BLUE + MARILYN
wood, dolls, pearls, pins, mosaic, stones + gold leaf

Just love playing with my dolls!

I know, my sister-in-law thinks I'm pretty looney, but . . . 
have to admit they are so much more fun then model airplanes.

Anyway . . . I've been walking a lot and that's when I find 
many of my little treasures that I use to create these 
little pieces of art.

So the other day I was walking down an alley and scored! 
Just so excited that I could just pee my pants!
Lo + behold, I found an old paint brush. Just started 
to envision what appendage that could become and begun 
to happily exclaim - out loud - on how fortunate I was. 
Glanced out the corner of my eye and saw a man of the street
 reclined in the alley. Fascinated, he watched me as he drank 
a "beverage". Told him I love to talk to myself, which
he smiled and exclaimed he did too. I think I made a buddy!

So here's some of my booty:


Comments

  1. L'art minimal... j'aime vos créations artistiques... et j'ai beaucoup souri en vous lisant.
    Je vous fais de gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Martine. I always enjoy so much your comments, even though I can understand every other word. One of my sisters is in France right now, so perhaps she could give me more insight when returns.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

BLAZING RED

GLOW 11"h x 14"w pastel black with gold trim frame sold -   private collector Night fell fast. The lower half of a thick strand of dark clouds turned blazing-red from the sun as it dropped to the horizon. And the night glowed.

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!