Skip to main content

HEAVY WERE THE ORANGE CLOUDS - 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel by Susan Roden

HEAVY WERE THE ORANGE CLOUDS
4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel
8" square archival white mat, glass + black frame
$150 + $10 insured priority shipping + tax inclusive


Thick . . . 
were the layers of clouds that hung in the sky.

Suspended . . . 
as an orange mass of vibrant tones.

And sizzled . . . 
as a roaring fire.

Comments

  1. Gorgeous colors, Susan!!! Awesome clouds..

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT DEPTH in this!
    The warmth really shows through.
    I love your clouds, Susan.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

BLAZING RED

GLOW 11"h x 14"w pastel black with gold trim frame sold -   private collector Night fell fast. The lower half of a thick strand of dark clouds turned blazing-red from the sun as it dropped to the horizon. And the night glowed.

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!