Skip to main content

15 MINUTES OF FAME - here I come!

BLUE SKY AT SPRECKELS
20" x 16" pastel on sanded pastel board

The painting pictured is included within "15 MINUTES OF FAME", 
an installation by Lauren Carrera and Prudence Horne at the 
San Diego Museum of Art this Saturday.

Working with Roland Petersen's painting The Shaded Figure and 
Andy Warhol's Flowers, 30 San Diego painters will be showcasing 
their individual art seated in a garden setting at the Museum.

Andy Warhol is noted for stating that "in the future everyone will have 
their 15 minutes of fame", so the installation allots 15 minutes to each.
I'm slated for Saturday, August 3rd at 10:40 am. 
If you're at Balboa Park, please come see me.

What a wonderful invitation! 

Comments

  1. Wow! It looks as though the pillars are glistening! Wishing you all the best in the show Susan, I'm sure your piece will be a hit!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!

BLAZING RED

GLOW 11"h x 14"w pastel black with gold trim frame sold -   private collector Night fell fast. The lower half of a thick strand of dark clouds turned blazing-red from the sun as it dropped to the horizon. And the night glowed.