Skip to main content

OBSTACLES YET HOPE


THE WALL
4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel
8" square archival white matte, glass + gold leaf frame
$150 + $15 insured priority shipping




Life seemed so insurmountable.

Obstacle after obstacle. 

Why?

Yet with a closer scrutiny, I observed glorious colors.

Hope....

In tribute to Frank... God speed.


Comments

  1. Can you tell us more about the poem Susan? We lost our brother Frank yesterday evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love big sky paintings and this one is especially beautiful! It's amazing the color depth and energy you can achieve with pastels. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! My husband lost his grandpa Frank Thursday night, so this also touched me when I read it. I love the colors, truly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!

MEMORIES AND FAVORITES

DIGNITY pastel SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR After the holidays, I begun to reminisce of people from my past.    Reflecting, I realize that life experiences have  enriched me greatly in so many ways.  Dignity is not only of a friend I lost touch with,  but also a personal, favorite painting that went to another home. Fond memories.... gone but not forgotten.