Skip to main content

RIBBONS AND HOT FLASHES

LAYERS OF THE NIGHT
6"w x 4"h pastel
Private Collector

At first glance, all was dark...

subdued and moody tones coating the sky.

At second glance, thin ribbons of colors were revealed...

streaking, as hot flashes.

Comments

  1. This is really stunning Susan...and the title, well, I can relate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Dana!
    But are you relating to the layers of the night or the hot flashes? Personally I can relate to both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you make hot flashes seem desirable...a very good painting

    ReplyDelete
  4. you got the color, title and the mood all in one- very nice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, so lovely. I am standing on one of those hills, looking at the enduring light (hot flashes and all!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Takes my breath away...just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The sunset is so intense and it so amazing you can paint this big painting on a small 4x6 canvas. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you everyone for such nice comments. Gives me every more reason to have my head in the clouds. (just have to quite stmbling over my feet!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful tones, beautiful composition.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!

MEMORIES AND FAVORITES

DIGNITY pastel SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR After the holidays, I begun to reminisce of people from my past.    Reflecting, I realize that life experiences have  enriched me greatly in so many ways.  Dignity is not only of a friend I lost touch with,  but also a personal, favorite painting that went to another home. Fond memories.... gone but not forgotten.