Skip to main content

SWAYING AND ROCKING

GLOW AT THE NIAGARA
4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel
8" square archival white matte, glass + gold leaf frame
PRIVATE COLLECTOR
Three abreast in the calm waters as they 
slowly swayed and rocked.

And the sun cast golden rays downward 
illuminating the night.

My thanks to Patti.


Comments

  1. Love the calmness of the water and the brillance of the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the palette Susan! Definitely portrayed a mood with this painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an expressive way to be calm!!!!
    Thank you Susan, my band, Coneccion Limbica, will be performing this coming October 2nd. at the Ridgefield Arts Festival, in CT... And aslo I got a Honorable Mention at the Artists' Guild Art Contest... I'll publish the painting soon!!!! Busy with rehearsals!!! Kisses, keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can hear the gentle clinking of the masts and halyards as the water laps against the sides of these sailboats. Wonderful colors and reflections.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This feels spiritual and mighty. Beautiful beautiful color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must have missed this one, it's fantastic! The mood is very enticing. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!

MEMORIES AND FAVORITES

DIGNITY pastel SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR After the holidays, I begun to reminisce of people from my past.    Reflecting, I realize that life experiences have  enriched me greatly in so many ways.  Dignity is not only of a friend I lost touch with,  but also a personal, favorite painting that went to another home. Fond memories.... gone but not forgotten.