Skip to main content

ADDY - 12 x 9 acrylic

ADDY
12"h x 9"w acrylic + grease pencil
cradled wooden panel
SOLD / Private Collector


It seems lately that I have just been creating pastels. 
And I need some extra thrills . . .
so now it's time to get-down-and-play!

I was fortunate to be invited in creating portraits 
of dogs for a shelter awhile back. The program 
was to increase adoptions of older dogs, whom
always seem to be overlooked. Addy was one and 
am happy to report she was adopted to a loving 
family, as well as many others.

I found it a nice change to play with acrylics.
As for the elements, I used a primitive background 
to depict Addy's playfulness and a moon to
symbolize her age. 

A day of play!

Comments

  1. What a wonderful narrative. Aady looks like such a happy dog...I am glad that she has a forever home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Linda! So nice when they find good homes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!

MEMORIES AND FAVORITES

DIGNITY pastel SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR After the holidays, I begun to reminisce of people from my past.    Reflecting, I realize that life experiences have  enriched me greatly in so many ways.  Dignity is not only of a friend I lost touch with,  but also a personal, favorite painting that went to another home. Fond memories.... gone but not forgotten.