Skip to main content

AN EVENING OF ORANGE - 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 pastel

AN EVENING OF ORANGE
4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel
8" square archival white matt, glass + gold frame
$150 - shipping + tax inclusive


Cloaked was the evening in orange.

A color so warm and fiery that it lit the sky.

 And the erratic, flaring tones swished 
before darkness fell. 

Comments

  1. Warm gorgeous colors- Love the lighter values at the lower part of the sky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kathy.
    Unfortunately the scan was lighter and subdued from the original. Much more "pop"in the original.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun piece, Susan! I love your color and energetic brushstrokes in this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Dana and Diana.
    Sure can develop rich colors with pastels, that's why they are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this wild, dramatic sky. Your colors are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!

MEMORIES AND FAVORITES

DIGNITY pastel SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR After the holidays, I begun to reminisce of people from my past.    Reflecting, I realize that life experiences have  enriched me greatly in so many ways.  Dignity is not only of a friend I lost touch with,  but also a personal, favorite painting that went to another home. Fond memories.... gone but not forgotten.