Skip to main content

TURRET AT THE DEL

TURRET AT THE DEL
6 1/2" x 6 1/2" pastel
SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR

What's the best way to beat the heat?
A trip to the beach.

And  Hotel del Coronado's back door opens 
onto one of the top beaches in the world. 

Here is a petite pastel with a view of it's iconic
 turret, which was just purchased by a Collector.

Happy summer!

Comments

  1. So vibrant and inviting, Susan! I have been here and it is a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Sounds like a wonderful place to be to just "be"! Lucky you- already sold this one to a private collector. Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful painting of this Hotel with lots of vibrant colors!! Well done, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you girls!

    Joy, you have spent the night at the Del? I haven't, but have ate in the Crown Room, sipped at the bar and strolled the shops in the lower floors. See any ghosts?

    Kathy and it is breathe-taking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful piece Susan!!! Love it! Have you painted the Point Loma Lighthouse by any chance?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Kelly. You know I think I have played with the lighthouse image a few years back, but never completed a painting. Perhaps I should journey there?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!

MEMORIES AND FAVORITES

DIGNITY pastel SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR After the holidays, I begun to reminisce of people from my past.    Reflecting, I realize that life experiences have  enriched me greatly in so many ways.  Dignity is not only of a friend I lost touch with,  but also a personal, favorite painting that went to another home. Fond memories.... gone but not forgotten.